Job Listings5 Jobs found
Health Care Assistant
- Froghall Lane, Warrington, UK
- 20400.00 - 23000.00 Per year
- Full time
Job Purpose To deliver high quality person-centred care to clients to enable them to retain their independence and remain living in their...
To deliver high quality person-centred care to clients to enable them to retain their
independence and remain living in their homes.
To assist the Registered Manager and Supervisors in the overall delivery of
care services to clients and work under their direction and supervision.
To work to all organisational policies and procedures and standards required
in order to provide high standards of care to clients.
To work to all relevant legislation and national standards, including the Care
Quality Commission (CQC) Fundamental Standards.
To work effectively as part of a team and support all colleagues as required.
To ensure professional conduct observing the organisations Code of Conduct.
To protect the confidentiality of clients and the organisation.
To provide care and support to clients within their own home and in the
To directly provide assistance with personal care in accordance with the
client’s care plans e.g. assistance with bathing, washing, dressing, using the
To support clients using trained moving and handling procedures and
To support clients with their medication once training has been undertaken
and medication administration competency has been achieved.
To support clients with daily living tasks as stated in their care plan e.g. meal
preparation, cleaning, laundry, shopping.
To support clients to access the community and take part in social events as
directed in the care plan. e.g. support to attend appointments, support to go
shopping or attend events.
To respond promptly to any emergencies e.g. medical emergencies.
To promote the dignity and privacy of clients.
To identify and report any concerns relating to clients health and wellbeing to
the Registered Manager.
To write accurate daily reports of all care provided and relevant events and
keep these up to date.
To contribute to developing and reviewing clients care plans and risk
To work with external agencies to ensure clients’ needs are met, including
attending multi-agency meetings when required.
To identify, respond and report all safeguarding concerns to the Registered
To report all concerns of below standard practice and cultural concerns to the
To contribute to safeguarding enquiries and meetings as required.
Health and Safety Responsibilities:
To work in a safe manner at all times maintaining your own and others
To identify and report any health and safety concerns and potential risks to
the Registered Manager.
To work within the scope of all Health and Safety Policies and Procedures.
To follow Infection Control Procedures, use Personal Protective Equipment
(PPE) and ensure work areas are clean and maintained.
Equality and Diversity:
To promote anti-discriminatory practice.
To support the equality, diversity and rights of clients and colleagues.
To respect the privacy, dignity, needs and beliefs of clients and colleagues,
behaving in a manner which is non-judgmental.
To behave respectfully at all times to all clients, colleagues and others.
Learning and Development:
To attend and participate in staff meetings as required.
To participate in all mandatory training required by the organisation as part of
To prepare for and participate in supervision meetings with my supervisor.
To prepare for and participate in an annual appraisal.
To take responsibility for own development, learning and performance.
To maintain a Personal Development Plan.
To carry out any other duties as reasonably required by a supervisor or a
Support Worker- Newcastle Under Lyme
- Loomer Road, Newcastle ST5 7LB, UK
- 9.00 - 11.50 Per hour
- Full time, Part time
As a Support Worker in a supported living environment, you will be required to promote the independence of the people we support by pro-actively...
- To support individuals to meet their personal care and grooming needs as identified within their care plans including;
- Administering medication in accordance with company policy.
- Assist with housekeeping and the planning and preparation of meals. IN order to support independence.
- Promoting health and wellbeing.
- Assisting individuals with reduced mobility.
- General budgeting.
- To support individuals e.g.
- In social and recreational activities.
- Assisting with medical appointments.
- Attending educational establishments.
- The opportunity to support individuals on their holidays.
- Building, maintaining lasting professional relationships with the people we support.
- Taking the initiative to gain the individual’s trust.
- Assisting with individuals Holistic needs including emotional, social and spiritual whilst encouraging independence and choice.
- To contribute to the development of care plans based on assessed needs of service users ensuring they are reviewed on a regular basis.
- To assist with written progress reports as agreed with relevant purchasing agencies and to attend reviews.
- Maintain records for individuals and report injuries in accordance with company policy.
- Read Care Plans, Communication book and diary daily contributing information as necessary.
- Together with a team leader, identify learning needs through the appraisal and supervision process.
- Attend Medication administration training and then be assessed in accordance with company policy.
- To undertake health and safety and other mandatory training as and when required.
- To undertake training in de-escalation, deflection, break away strategies and physical intervention (PMVA)
- Good communication skills.
- Operates within the boundaries of confidentiality.
- Team player.
- Competence to work on own initiative recognizing the positive behaviors and abilities in others.
- Ability to promote an independent lifestyle.
- Good time keeping skills.
- Adaptable to changing environments.
- Positive and proactive attitude.
- Working with families, advocates and other members of a Multi-disciplinary team.
- Working with adults who have a Learning Disability, Autism, or Challenging Behavior (desirable)
- Working one to one with the individuals we support within a Supported Living environment.
- Advantageous if individual has experience of record writing relating to the care setting.
- Recording incidents and experience in electronic care notes documentation.
- Engaging and establishing meaningful relationships with people with special needs.
- Community Care Act and National Care Standards
- Health and Safety
- Person Centered Planning
- Adult protection
- Challenging Behavior
- Mental Capacity Act
- LDQ Award / NVQ 2 /Diploma in Health and Social Management level 2 or willingness to work towards.
- Any other relevant training
- Car driver would be an advantage.
- You will also be required to follow a shift pattern, but still work flexibly to meet the needs of the services within Mayden Support.
- Demonstrate an appropriate philosophy of care which is consistent with the values of the service.
- Ability to work under pressure.
As a Support Worker in a supported living environment, you will be required to promote the independence of the people we support by pro-actively creating new ways to improve the quality of the individual with Autism, Learning Disability who may present with behaviors that challenge. Establishing what is meaningful and supporting them to meet their achievable desired outcomes, in a person-centered approach by following carefully tailored support plans.
Main duties & responsibilities:
The above list is not an exhaustive list of duties as the role may change from time to time to meet the requirements and objectives of the business as a whole.
Advantageous but not essential, basic understanding of:
Qualifications/ Education/ Training
Senior Healthcare Assistants wanted in the UK
- Warrington, UK
- 21000.00 - 25000.00 Per year
- Full time
Mayden Support is a Health and Social Care Provider in the UK looking for experienced Health care Workers to provide high-quality services to...
- Experienced and compassionate healthcare assistant
- Committed to the highest quality of care
- A good communicator
- Ability to work on own initiative and within a team
- At least two years' Experience in care
- International English Language Testing System band score of 5 in all categories
- Driver's license
- Intensive course covering Induction.
- Certificate of Sponsorship.
- Attractive relocation package. (Flight to the UK, transfer fee from the airport to accommodation, three months accommodation paid for by Mayden Support).
- Pastoral Support enables the carer to feel at home in the UK, as we understand that moving to a different country can be very daunting.
- Thorough Induction to life in England. A starter kit (complete with things like a SIM card, home essentials, and shopping vouchers)
Mayden Support is a Health and Social Care Provider in the UK looking for experienced Health care Workers to provide high-quality services to vulnerable individuals in their own homes.
The carer supports the client with washing, dressing, and various other aspects of personal care. Will meet clients with varying degrees of dependency and medical diagnosis and assist with cooking, shopping, housekeeping, and ensuring they feel safe, secure, and comfortable in their own home.
Our support packages
Weekend healthcare Assistant
- Warrington, UK
- 9.50 - 11.00 Per hour
- Part time
Providing care and support for individuals in their own home(Domiciliary care) in the Warrington area. Tasks include; Personal Care Preparing...
Providing care and support for individuals in their own home(Domiciliary care) in the Warrington area.
Preparing and Serving Meals
Supporting in Community
Competitive Rates of Pay
CPD - NVQs/ QCFs
FULL TIME AND PART TIMES POSITIONS ARE AVAILABLE